Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Family Campout

A few weeks ago we went camping with my family in northern Arizona. We has so much fun. We just hung out and enjoyed each others company for 3 whole days. We had the most amazing food too! Dad cooked all the meals in his dutch ovens & cast iron skillets. We even had cobbler w/home made ice cream and giant marshmallows for s'mores. We went on lots of walks and took plenty of naps. We played horseshoes and card games and sat around the campfire. It was very relaxing and just so nice to be together.


All Ready To GO!
 
Settin up Camp
Grandpa Marissa & Owen
Me & Mom
My 2 Favorite Kids!
"Mustaches-just like Grandpa"
Matthew & Marissa
Taking a little nap
Owen walking w/ Matthew
Dutch Oven Cookin! SO YUMMY!!
Eating Stew
Making Ice Cream in zip lock Bags - it really works!!
Cobbler
Giant Marshmallow



4 comments:

Lindsay Renee' said...

Looks like fun, Meliss! We just got from camping at Roosevelt Lake this past weekent. Lots of work with three little babes, but had a nice time. Steve and I even set up our bed under the stars. A dreamy night's sleep. Hope all is well. Lindsay

Janalie said...

We did the same thing last month and well I didn't really get to take any naps, but we did have a ton of fun and my dad cooked everymeal and even out of his dutch ovens. (Great minds think a like)

Savannah said...

Hey Melissa! I haven't talked to you forever! It looks like you and your hubby are doing great! :) Hope all continues to go good with you guys....

Unknown said...

Yay for blogs! I'm a friend of Gregg's from way back when I lived in CA. I found the "Rupp Kids" blog - I don't even know how now - and I linked to your blog. Sooo...congratulations on getting married - you two look happy and like you're thriving! We're still here in SLC - our blog is www.faithlovefamily.blogspot.com. It is so fun to see what your family is up to Gregg - I can't believe that Robyn is pregnant - time goes so fast! I hope to hear from you!