Saturday, October 17, 2009

First comes love..Then comes marriage...


Then comes the baby.... :) That's right! We're having a BABY! I'm 14 along weeks now, due April 15th (yep, that's tax day... Gregg thinks it's funny because i like to plan everything!). We couldn't be more excited. I had mentally prepared for a few bouts of morning sickness and an occasional throw up. Fortunately i've only been extremely tired, and HUNGRY. Good thing Gregg will eat anything, because I'm too tired to cook anything that takes more than 10 minutes. 


I can't believe how much I sleep! I take naps in my car at work during my lunch break, and wake up so hungry I snack all afternoon. I get so tired at night that my usual "stay up late until the work's done" mantra was out the window a long time ago. 

I'm not showing too much yet & so far I've only gained 2 lbs. We've had ultrasounds at every appointment and have heard our babies heart beat 3 different times. It still feels surreal for Gregg, but he's not the one gaining the weight. Of course both our families are very excited for us, and we feel so blessed to have their love and support.

Gregg wants a girl, but I'll be happy with a healthy baby. Let's all pray the baby doesn't have Gregg's big head for my sake... and the babies, of course. More to come...

13 comments:

The Grant Fam said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting. Glad you aren't feeling to bad. :)

robyn said...

Yay yay yippy yay!!! This post made me cry. I don't know why, its not like I am finding out for the first time!!! I am just so excited that anytime I hear anything baby related I guess I just cry! So excited for you guys!!! Love you both so much!!

Andrea and Blake said...

WHAT you're pregnant, why didn't you tell me like 10 weeks ago! JUST KIDDING you totally did... I'm so happy for you - glad you didn't ever puke, I ALWAYS do! Hopefully we can have babies close in age sometime. can't wait till you move here.

Moka said...

I am so excited for you! I'm sure your sweet little baby will have your perfect little head! You'll have to come back here so all your socal friends can throw you a shower! Loves you!

Tanner and Shasta said...

You are going to be the cutest pregnant girl ever! I'm so excited for you guys. Congrats!!

Monett Rupp said...

Finally it's public! I have been trying so hard not to say anything on Facebook, etc. Yay!!!!! :-)

Carl and Amber said...

Congrats babe! I actually dreamt last night that you had a BEAUTIFUL little girl. Holy cow...how many appts have you had?! I didn't have my first appt until 15 weeks with Logan, and 18 weeks with Alyssa. I'm crazy, I know. And two pounds...that is awesome! I puke a ton and still gain 10 in the first trimester. You are going to be amazingly cute with the round belly. Seriously, no big heads...I'll say a prayer. Those heads can do some damage!

Janalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janalie said...

Okay so I posted once and didn't proof read it...silly me. Congrats!!! I too got a little emotional reading your post. I am so proud of you. I know you'll make a great mother. My bids are on a girl and she'll be tiny just like you!!! Love you. Best wishes!

buddyandsarahaws said...

Yeah, Congrats! That is so exciting!You are going to be the cutest little prego girl ever!

Katie said...

how exciting...congratulations! good luck!

courtney brooke said...

YEA!! so so so excited for you two! i can only imagine just how cute she is going to be!! now you have to post pictures of your belly as it gets bigger!!

The Scott's said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I can't imagine having a girl but with you as her mom, she'll be uh-dorable!! You'll make a great mom. Glad to hear you're moving back. Can't wait to see you at girls nights.